Leica has launched a significant firmware replace (v3.0) for the Leica Q (Type 116) which was launched three years in the past.
Leica Forum members have been concerned as beta testers to offer you the very best end result!
Download the replace from the Leica web site:
All enhancements at a look
- Favourites Menu: Users can now enter and save as much as 15 settings for quicker entry in a Favourites Menu.
- Power Saving Mode: If required, the digital camera can now be set to modify to Stand-By Mode after 10 seconds.
- Extended features for the Fn button: Even extra choices can now be chosen for programming the multi-function button.
- User Profiles: Profiles can now be imported from and exported to a reminiscence card.
- OIS – optionally available ‘Auto’ setting: This setting allows automated activation of optical picture stabilisation at shutter speeds of 1/60 s and slower.
- EVF/LCD setting choices: This menu merchandise can now be assigned to the Fn button.
- Settings for the digital shutter: The digital shutter can now be set to completely lively.
- DNG recordsdata: The processing velocity of DNG recordsdata within the digital camera has been elevated.
- Autofocus fields: The final AF discipline used is now memorised and recalled when switching the digital camera on and off once more.
- Self-timer: The setting is now memorised and recalled when switching the digital camera on and off once more.
- Exposure preview deactivation possibility: Exposure preview can now be deactivated in guide mode (particularly helpful when taking pictures within the studio with flash programs, underexposed settings or in darkish environments).
- Image overview: Automatic picture overview stays lively so long as the shutter launch button is pressed.
To set up the replace you ought to think about the next steps:
- Download the up to date model of the firmware.
- Copy the firmware file onto a SD Memory Card in its high degree folder.
- Make positive to show off the facility change on the digital camera.
- Insert the totally charged battery to the physique. If the battery will not be totally charged, the replace course of display screen is not going to seem.
- Insert the SD Memory Card into the digital camera.
- Turn the digital camera – whereas concurrently urgent the video launch button – on.
- The firmware replace display screen will seem. Press OK.
- The LEICA Q will begin the replace course of. The firmware replace will take about 90 seconds.
- After the replace course of please restart the digital camera (if needed take away and reinsert the battery).