Along with three new wide-angle macro prime FE lenses, Tamron right now additionally introduced the event of 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD lens. This lens will likely be launched within the Spring of 2020.
Tamron Announces the Development of Compact and Lightweight High-Speed Telephoto Zoom Lens for Sony E-Mount Full-Frame Mirrorless Cameras
Much-anticipated third mannequin in its collection of F/2.Eight high-speed zoom lenses delivers very good optical efficiency with extraordinarily quiet, quick focus
70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056)
October 23, 2019, Commack, NY – Tamron proclaims the event of a brand new high-speed telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, the 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056). Availability of this new zoom is deliberate for Spring 2020. The lens will likely be on show on the upcoming Photo Plus Expo in New York City this week and Salon de la Photo in Paris subsequent month.
Developed underneath the idea of “making high-speed zoom lenses user-friendly,” Model A056 encompasses a compact and light-weight design, an excellent match for full-frame mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The 67mm filter diameter is identical as all different Tamron lenses on this collection. The optical design contains a number of specialised glass parts that contribute to the lens’s very good imaging efficiency and its very quick 33.5 in MOD (Minimum Object Distance) expands total versatility. The lens adopts Tamron’s newly developed VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism that produces a quiet, fast autofocus drive.
Other options that assist a terrific capturing expertise embody a Moisture-Resistant Construction useful for outside capturing and Fluorine Coating for simple upkeep. In addition, Model A056 is totally suitable with varied camera-specific options together with Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF. This new mannequin joins the 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A046) and the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036) and brings Tamron’s whole of F/2.Eight zoom lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras to a few.
- Comfortably compact (149mm / 5.9 in) and light-weight weight (815g / 28.7 oz).
- 67mm filter diameter, identical as all different Tamron lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras.
- Superb optical efficiency and MOD of 5 in. for a broader vary of photographic versatility.
- Extremely quiet and quick newly developed VXD linear motor focus mechanism.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating contribute to a cushty, consumer pleasant photographic expertise.
- Compatible with varied camera-specific options together with Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
* Specifications, look, performance, and so on. are topic to alter with out prior discover.
Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD specs
|Lens kind||Zoom lens|
|Max Format measurement||35mm FF|
|Focal size||70–180 mm|
|Lens mount||Sony FE|
|Special parts / coatings||Fluorine coating|
|Minimum focus||0.85 m (33.46″)|
|Motor kind||Linear Motor|
|Full time guide||No|
|Weight||815 g (1.80 lb)|
|Length||149 mm (5.87″)|
|Zoom technique||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||67 mm|