Raw seize is the brand new favourite codec today and if you happen to prefer to get the best possible picture out of your digital camera utilizing Raw is the best way to go. Shooting Raw can add some limitations alongside with greater high quality seize in terms of workflow, so it’s not for everybody.
With Apples ProRes Raw you might be caught with an Atomos exterior recorder and FCPX, however with Blackmagic Design’s BRAW it’s recorded internally on BMD cameras, nevertheless, it’s important to use DaVinci Resolve for grading. RED, Sony, Kinfinity, Arri, and Canon even have their very own Raw variations making workflow one it’s important to take care of.
It could be good if we didn’t have NLE limitations primarily based on the digital camera you utilize and hopefully sooner or later as Raw seize turns into extra common the workflow might be obtainable in all NLE choices with the instruments to unleash all of the goodness Raw has to supply. With BMD cameras it’s very easy in DaVinci Resolve. Red most likely has one of the best integration as a result of maturity of Redcode.
Z Cam now has added ZRAW to the E2, E2c and future E2-S6, E2-F6 and E2-F8 cameras popping out this winter. For the E2 you may obtain firmware 0.88 that features ZRAW and another updates as effectively.
firmware 0.88 New Features
- ZRAW (partial debayer), helps as much as 4096×[email protected] initially
- Monitor preview LUT, x33 dice format
- Still picture seize (JPEG solely)
- VFR advantageous management, 1 body per step
- Native ISO toggle management
- Parade view
- Card formatting compatibility
- AWB at all times use a white precedence in Z-Log2
- Performance optimization
- Time Code sync to an exterior machine
- Other minor bug fixes
- ZRAW VideoSuite is required to transform ZRAW
- ZRAW 4K 60fps might be supported later
- No proxy recording is allowed when ZRAW is chosen. Use iOS machine or HDMI to document proxy file as an alternative
The Z Cam ZRAW format requires using ZRAW VideoSuite. No plugins can be found for any NLE’s at the moment.
The ZRAW VideoSuitesoftware program can be solely obtainable for Windows PC’s so if you happen to run OSX you’re out of luck. Well, I assume I ought to say “we” are since I don’t use a PC, so my testing might be delayed because of my selection of pc. I’m wanting into working Parrales and Windows 10 on my iMac however it provides me chills 😀
The workflow with the ZRAW VideoSuite is as follows
- Convert RAW encoded video into H265, DNxHD, or YUV
- Video noise discount
- Video coloration grading
The utilization steps are as follows:
Step1: click on the ” Input File Browse” button to load the goal path
Containing the ZRAW video record
Step2: click on the “Destination Directory Browse” button to enter
The output video path.
Step3: examine the ”Files Sharing Color Grading Parameters”
Checkbox, if checked, all movies share Color Grading Parameters
- Step 4: enter begin body and finish body of every ZRAW video.
- Step 5: Choose the output video’s Codec and sort
- Step 6: alter the colour grading parameter
- Step 7: select Denoise “On” or “Off”, if select ‘on’ then alter DeNoiser settings in keeping with precise situations.
- Step 8: Click “Start” button to begin to convert ZRAW video
As you may see it’s not a easy course of for now however I’ve to tip muy hat to Z Cam for pushing ahead and delivering updates like ZRAW to the E2. At this time ProRes isn’t an export choice nevertheless Z Cam is working to get it licensed. Support for modifying the ZRAW information inside the preferred NLE’s like Premiere Pro, FCPX, Avid, and DaVinci Resolve isn’t supported. One can solely hope and assume they’re engaged on integration with the favored choices obtainable.
What is Z Cam ZRAW?
Good query. What little I do know concerning the new Raw codec is that it’s a partial debayer sort Raw simular to BRAW however clearly totally different. Confused? Yeah so am I.
The E2 firmware 0.88 is offered here and the ZRAW VideoSuite here. I’ll get Windows on my iMac this week and provides the workflow a attempt to report again. Anything you’re thinking about? Leave a remark within the part under.