The Fujinon XF16mm f/2.8 has been common amongst followers of compact mirrorless cameras, however the lens has just a few points based on lens tips which might be just like the controversial Fujinon XF18mm f/2.0 R. I have no idea many that might defend or buy the XF18mm, however just a few do. I think about many extra will purchase the XF16mm f/2.8, particularly if they’re intereted within the excilent XF16mm f/1.4.
“Looking at the results of our test I have no doubts the Fujinon XF 16 mm f/2.8 R WR is a very sensible device and will find many fans especially that, costing just $400, it remains one of the cheapest system lenses. Paradoxically, the Fujinon XF 18 mm f/2.0 R, just a tad more expensive but faster, might become its biggest and most serious rival. Still these 2 mm difference in focal length might be important for many users. Why? It’s enough to move with the focal length in an opposite direction. The Fujinon XF 14 mm f/2.8 R, as fast aperture-wise as the tested lens but with the focal length by 2 mm shorter, costs over two times more.”
- shapely, strong, weather-sealed casing,
- wonderful picture high quality within the body centre,
- slight longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- low lateral chromatic aberration,
- lack of any spherical aberration issues,
- wise efficiency in opposition to vibrant gentle,
- silent, correct and quick autofocus.
- a bit too excessive coma on the most relative aperture,
- big distortion for RAW recordsdata,
- huge brightness loss on RAW recordsdata.