RED President Jarred Land has well timed posted one other teasing replace on the upcoming RED Komodo 6K digicam with Blackmagic Design announcing the new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K.
From Jarred Land’s publish on REDUser which we broke down beforehand, this is what the RED Komodo isn’t:
- It just isn’t DSMC3
- It just isn’t a substitute for DSMC2
- It just isn’t 8k VV
- It just isn’t a Dragon or a Helium or a Gemini or a Monstro Sensor
- It doesn’t have an HDMI port
- It doesn’t use proprietary media
- It just isn’t a “module”
- It just isn’t underneath $5k, except you personal a Hydrogen.
- It has no XLR ports
- It doesn’t have a set lens
- It’s physique doesn’t weight greater than 2 kilos.
- It just isn’t bigger than 4 inches in any dimension.
By RED utilizing the EOS R mount, It lets them use the Canon’s EF-EOS R mount with drop-in filter mount for VND. This will certainly enchantment to many customers as no RED digicam presently has inner NDs.
The Komodo 6K is certain to face loads of competitors with the upcoming Z Cam E2-S6 (S35 6K – $3,995 USD) E2-F6 (FF 6K – $4,995) & E2-F8 (FF – 8K – $5,995) cameras delivery shortly, Blackmagic’s BMPCC 6K additionally slated to ship in just a few days after being introduced at present and different cameras which is able to value a lot much less because the Komodo will begin at $5K, provided that you personal a Hydrogen.