Leica has launched a serious firmware replace (v3.0) for the Leica Q (Type 116) which was launched three years in the past.
Leica Forum members had been concerned as beta testers to supply you the very best end result!
Download the replace from the Leica web site:
All enhancements at a look
- Favourites Menu: Users can now enter and save as much as 15 settings for quicker entry in a Favourites Menu.
- Power Saving Mode: If required, the digicam can now be set to change to Stand-By Mode after 10 seconds.
- Extended capabilities for the Fn button: Even extra choices can now be chosen for programming the multi-function button.
- User Profiles: Profiles can now be imported from and exported to a reminiscence card.
- OIS – non-obligatory ‘Auto’ setting: This setting permits automated activation of optical picture stabilisation at shutter speeds of 1/60 s and slower.
- EVF/LCD setting choices: This menu merchandise can now be assigned to the Fn button.
- Settings for the digital shutter: The digital shutter can now be set to completely lively.
- DNG information: The processing pace of DNG information within the digicam has been elevated.
- Autofocus fields: The final AF discipline used is now memorised and recalled when switching the digicam on and off once more.
- Self-timer: The setting is now memorised and recalled when switching the digicam on and off once more.
- Exposure preview deactivation possibility: Exposure preview can now be deactivated in handbook mode (particularly helpful when taking pictures within the studio with flash methods, underexposed settings or in darkish environments).
- Image evaluate: Automatic picture evaluate stays lively so long as the shutter launch button is pressed.
To set up the replace you ought to think about the next steps:
- Download the up to date model of the firmware.
- Copy the firmware file onto a SD Memory Card in its high stage folder.
- Make positive to show off the facility change on the digicam.
- Insert the absolutely charged battery to the physique. If the battery shouldn’t be absolutely charged, the replace course of display screen won’t seem.
- Insert the SD Memory Card into the digicam.
- Turn the digicam – whereas concurrently urgent the video launch button – on.
- The firmware replace display screen will seem. Press OK.
- The LEICA Q will begin the replace course of. The firmware replace will take about 90 seconds.
- After the replace course of please restart the digicam (if essential take away and reinsert the battery).