Dpreview interviewed Kenji Tanaka, VP and Senior Basic Supervisor of Sony’s Enterprise Unit. Listed here are some information:
2) About going Medium format: “Proper now there are loads of issues nonetheless to do with full-frame sensors, so in the meanwhile I don’t have any concepts about beginning work on new bigger imaging sensors.”
3) APS-C lenses: Sony plans to make small dimension lenses too. They usually additionally plan to make new APS-C lenses.
4) APS-C cameras: “The APS-C market is essential for us, so we’ll create new fashions within the APS-C market, however we have to ask prospects what sort of fashions they need.” And fascinating: “APS-C cameras for skilled use should exist.“.
5) Weathersealing: Sony is working to enhance it.
6) Sony SD playing cards selection: “Proper now, processing velocity is slower than SD UHS-II, so utilizing SD is OK. However sooner or later, for instance in any digicam with 8K/30p video, SD gained’t be sufficient.”
7) Concerning the Sony A7sIII: “The following mannequin ought to after all be greater than they anticipate. So we’re planning a future S mannequin proper now, however it would take time.” Sony additionally is aware of that their prospects need “4K/60p, 4:2:2 10-bit, and naturally extra battery energy, elevated AF accuracy – many issues!”
8) Concerning the new Sony AI technique: “At the moment we’re planning upgrades to current fashions, and naturally future fashions that may comprise new AI options.”
To sum up:
Sony confirmed our rumors a couple of skilled APS-C digicam are spot on!
Sony A7sIII will meet the requests of the shoppers and even “exceed” them
New APS-C lenses coming…hurray!
The brand new synthetic options like “Animal Eye-AF” are going to be carried out on present cameras too.
Source from sonyalpharumors